The Home Health Clinical Manager is a registered nurse who manages the coordination, supervision, and implementation of professional and supportive services to clients in a safe, cost-effective manner. The Home Health Clinical Manager is responsible for the coordination of care during the episode of home health care treatments.
My commitment will include:
- Communicating significant findings, problems, and changes in condition or environment to the physician and other personnel involved with patient care.
- Managing and directing a team of Field staff, to ensure the delivery of safe, effective, and appropriate home care services.
- Conducting performance appraisals accurately and as per policy.
- Coordinating services to ensure the availability and competency of staff to respond to agency referrals and provide assessment visits within 24 hours of referral.
- Processing and coordinating patient referrals, physician orders, staff assignments, and patient re-certifications, and communications between various caregivers, the patient and their family, and the referring physician.
- Meeting with nursing & therapy staff on a regular basis to provide guidance and information related to specific issues.
- Recommending new policies and/or changes in current policies to improve quality of client care and efficiency/effectiveness of services.
- Participating in the hiring and orientation of personnel.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Diploma, Associate or Baccalaureate School of Nursing, BSN preferred.
- Licensure: Current State License as a Registered Nurse preferred.
- Experience: 2-3 years’ experience as a registered nurse in an appropriate clinical care setting or home health environment preferred.
- Skills: Nursing skills as defined by accepted nursing standards, preferred. Requires interpersonal skills and ability to manage patient care episodes.