The Intake LPN is responsible for taking referrals, receiving verbal orders, answering inquiries, and disseminating information about the agency. This position establishes and maintains effective and efficient systems for patient referral, paper flow and communications. The Intake Licensed Practical Nurse will utilize a combination of excellent verbal and written communication skills and nursing process. This position assists with daily operations of the agency including coordinating referrals and maintaining communication between Clinical Supervisor’s and the agency.
My commitment will include:
- Accepting patients for referrals utilizing an established system for patient referrals in accordance with the administrative policy.
- Answering all inquiries regarding agency services and disseminating appropriate information, including referrals, to community resources.
- Displaying excellent customer service skills at all times; accurately documenting or tracking all referrals received by the agency for trending reports.
- Assisting in evaluating agency operations and systems and identifying ways to enhance workflow and productivity.
- Notifying supervisor of any problems requiring administrative attention and intervention.
- Accurately data processing all necessary information into the company database software for immediate use.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Licensure: Current State License as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Experience: Preferably 1-year experience in a health care setting, or equivalent experience.
- Skills: Requires interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with staff and take patient referrals. Knowledge of medical terminology required, Medicare and Medicaid payment guidelines necessary and 3rd party payors preferred. Able to demonstrate problem-solving skills, organizational skills and attention to detail. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to operate computer equipment, FAX and photocopy machines necessary. Ability to handle multiple priorities, documentation requirements and deadlines.
- Transportation: Reliable transportation.