The Home Health Aide provides personal health care, and related services and additional tasks as assigned to the client in the home or facility; assists in providing a safe and hygienic environment, work cooperatively with patient, facility, family and share observations and problems with the supervisor or RN who will report to IDG team as necessary. Works under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse and in accordance with the IDG care plan. May be required to work an on-call weekend rotation to meet the needs of patients 24/7.
- Provides direct patient care to patients under the direction of the RN to ensure optimum care.
- Including but not limited to: Measures temperatures, pulses, respirations and blood pressures; assists or performs bed bath, tub, shower or sponge bath; performs shampoo in bed, tub, shower or sink; checks, cleans and files nails; performs skin care; assists or performs oral hygiene; assists the patient with dressing; assists with toileting and elimination using toilet, bedside commode, bedpan, urinal or adult brief.
- Provides personal care for each patient in accordance with the Home Health Aide Care Plan
- Prioritize daily needs of the patients and/or the request of the Registered Nurse.
- Respect professional boundaries while providing care in facilities and patient homes.
- Demonstrates safe techniques in all transfers and ambulation in the following area: Utilization of hoyer lift, wheelchair, and gait belt when transferring patients; safe and correct use of assistive devices including walker, cane and crutches.
Caring for Our Own Family – AVAILABLE BENEFITS
Great Lakes Caring health care professionals are our most important and treasured asset. Without their caring, compassion and commitment to providing absolute superior quality health care services, we would not continue to succeed like we have. The road to better health care starts with a State-of-the-Heart work environment. Therefore, we place a great emphasis on providing resources and benefits that enhance the workplace and the work lives of our team members.
These benefits include access to:
- Health insurance plans
- Flexible spending accounts—medical and dependent
- Dental plans
- Retirement savings (401k)
- Life insurance
- NURSECAR℠ company car program
- Travel reimbursement
- Mobile electronic devices
- Disability insurance—short and long term
- Regular bonuses
- Paid time off
- Recognition for exceptional performance
- Annual awards program
- Special company events and raffles
- Send Us An Angel employee referral bonus program