The Registered Nurse is a trained professional nurse who administers skilled nursing care to patients on an intermittent basis in the home. May be required to perform OASIS and assess patients within regulatory requirements of OASIS and timelines. This is performed in accordance with the physician’s orders and under the direction and supervision of the Clinical Supervisor.
- Assesses assigned case load of home health care patients to identify the physical, psychosocial and environmental needs of patients as evidenced by documentation, clinical records, case conferences, team report, call-in logs, and on-site evaluations. Meets all regulatory and accreditation requirements related to following the Plan of Care.
- Makes the initial evaluation and re-evaluates the patients nursing needs during each visit. Makes follow up assessments according to OASIS and PPS regulatory guidelines.
- Communicates significant findings, problems, and changes in condition or environment to the clinical supervisor, the physician and/or other personnel involved with patient care.
- Reports unsafe condition to the appropriate Clinical Supervisor and physician in a timely manner.
- Implements the plan for patient safety, using the patient, family, and community resources
- Participates in the implementation of the plan of care of an assigned case load to ensure quality, continuity of care,and achievement of patient outcomes.
- Participates in the implementation of the plan of care of an assigned case load to ensure quality, continuity of care, and achievement of patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates competency in all levels of home health nursing practice
Caring for Our Own Family – AVAILABLE BENEFITS
Great Lakes Caring health care professionals are our most important and treasured asset. Without their caring, compassion and commitment to providing absolute superior quality health care services, we would not continue to succeed like we have. The road to better health care starts with a State-of-the-Heart work environment. Therefore, we place a great emphasis on providing resources and benefits that enhance the workplace and the work lives of our team members.
These benefits include access to:
- Health insurance plans
- Flexible spending accounts—medical and dependent
- Dental plans
- Retirement savings (401k)
- Life insurance
- NURSECAR℠ company car program
- Travel reimbursement
- Mobile electronic devices
- Disability insurance—short and long term
- Regular bonuses
- Paid time off
- Recognition for exceptional performance
- Annual awards program
- Special company events and raffles
- Send Us An Angel employee referral bonus program