Great Lakes Caring understands that the value and quality of our care relies upon the ability and satisfaction of our employees. We prioritize patient care and employee satisfaction above corporate profitability. Because our core values underscore the foundation of our culture, we created I Am Great Lakes Caring to ensure that every employee embraces and is committed to our company's focus and mission. If you share our commitment to delivering superior quality care and loving where you work, then we invite you to join our team of compassionate professionals.
I am committed to quality. It is at the core of everything I do and every decision I make.
The Triage Licensed Practical Nurse manages the coordination, supervision, and implementation of professional and supportive services to clients in a safe, cost-effective manner.
My commitment will include:
- Coordinating the plan of care for the episode according to physician’s orders, assessment data, and established standards and guidelines.
- Providing education and training related to clinical practice issue, regulation and reimbursement changes with new employees during precepting phase of new hire orientation.
- Communicating significant findings, problems, changes in condition or environment to the physician and other personnel involved with patient care.
- Initiating plan for patient safety, using the patient, family, and community resources.
- Assuming responsibility for “hospice after-hours supervisor” including assessing, planning, coordinating, implementing and evaluating the plan of care for patients and families.
- Managing and directing field staff and weekend office staff, to ensure the delivery of safe, effective, and appropriate hospice services.
- Coordinating services to ensure the availability and competency of staff to respond to agency referrals and provide assessment visits within 24 hours of referral.
- Coordinating weekend on-call services provided by home health aides.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Diploma, Associate or Baccalaureate School of Nursing. BSN preferred.
- Licensure: Current State License as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Experience: 2-3 year of experience as a registered nurse in an appropriate clinical care setting, hospice or home health environment preferred. 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Skills: Nursing skills as defined by accepted nursing standards. Requires interpersonal skills and ability to manage patient care episodes. Demonstrated ability to assess and respond to the needs of patients, families and caregivers in varied settings and to be able to function effectively in a nursing facility environment. Demonstrates skill in nursing practice, ability to cope with family emotional stress and tolerance of individual lifestyles. Ability to handle multiple priorities, documentation requirements and deadline.
- Transportation: Reliable transportation.
I am committed to a caring culture that embraces teamwork and supports the employee.
At Great Lakes Caring Home Health and Hospice we want you to love your work and the people you work with, while making a positive difference in the lives of patients. That is why a career at Great Lakes Caring offers:
- A new challenge that allows you to make your work meaningful
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- A full line of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Opportunities for advancement within our organization
- NURSECARSM company car program
- Tuition reimbursement and certification testing to help you reach your goals
I am committed to integrity, efficiency and the highest ethical standards.
Great Lakes Caring Home Health and Hospice is one of the nation’s leading providers of in home health care. Since 1994, Great Lakes Caring has dedicated its resources to providing value-based, high quality care wherever our patients call home. Great Lakes Caring’s primary focus is to provide superior quality health care to those we are honored to serve, utilizing state-of-the-art technology and innovative processes which drive extraordinary patient outcomes. With locations across the country, Great Lakes Caring provides the right care, at the right time, in the right place. Great Lakes Caring is committed to being a great place to work for employees, and is the recipient of Fortune Magazine’s Best Workplaces in Healthcare and Best Workplaces for Millennials awards, in addition to being recognized as a National Best and Brightest Company to Work For.