Great Lakes Caring understands that the value and quality of our care relies upon the ability and satisfaction of our employees. We prioritize patient care and employee satisfaction above corporate profitability. Because our core values underscore the foundation of our culture, we created I Am Great Lakes Caring to ensure that every employee embraces and is committed to our company's focus and mission. If you share our commitment to delivering superior quality care and loving where you work, then we invite you to join our team of compassionate professionals.
I am committed to quality. It is at the core of everything I do and every decision I make.
The Triage Supervisor is a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse who manages the coordination, supervision and implementation of professional and supportive services to clients in a safe, cost-effective manner after normal business hours. The Triage Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of care after 5:00pm up to 8:00am the following business day. The Triage Supervisor will be responsible for all triage staff and all provided care to clients after business hours 7 days a week.
My commitment will include:
- Coordinating all patient care that occurred after hours to the oncoming supervisor.
- Appropriately staffing the timeliness of PRN client need visits.
- Conducting performance evaluations in accordance with agency policy.
- Collaborating with the supervisor and other clinical management staff to ensure proper staffing of qualified, competent staff.
- Providing leadership to team and support staff in identifying agency/client needs and opportunities for performance improvement.
- Being responsible for facility, including but not limited to: securing facility upkeep and repair for afterhours area.
- Managing and directing a team of afterhours staff, to ensure the delivery of safe, effective and appropriate services.
- Supervising the coordination of services with providers in the delivery of care and related issues.
- Managing the process and coordinating patient referrals, physician orders, staff assignments and patient re-certifications, and communications between various caregivers, the patient and their family and the referring physician.
- Being responsible for tracking open visits, assigned visits, completed visits, continuity of care and field staff productivity.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited RN or LPN Diploma, Associate or Baccalaureate School of Nursing. BSN preferred.
- Licensure: Current State License as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse. Must obtain licensure in all states where Great Lakes Caring provides services.
- Experience: 2-3 years’ experience as a registered or licensed practical nurse in an appropriate clinical care setting or home health/hospice environment preferred and 1-year supervisory experience
- Skills: Nursing skills as defined by accepted nursing standards. Requires interpersonal skills and ability to manage patient care episodes. Demonstrated ability to assess and respond to the needs of patients, families and caregivers in varied settings and to function effectively. Demonstrated skill in nursing practice, ability to cope with family emotional stress and tolerance of individual lifestyles. Demonstrated ability to lead, guide and mentor co-workers. Ability to handle multiple priorities, documentation requirements and deadlines.
- Transportation: Reliable transportation.
I am committed to a caring culture that embraces teamwork and supports the employee.
At Great Lakes Caring Home Health and Hospice we want you to love your work and the people you work with, while making a positive difference in the lives of patients. That is why a career at Great Lakes Caring offers:
- A new challenge that allows you to make your work meaningful
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- A full line of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Opportunities for advancement within our organization
- Tuition reimbursement and certification testing to help you reach your goals
I am committed to integrity, efficiency and the highest ethical standards.
Great Lakes Caring Home Health and Hospice is one of the nation’s leading providers of in home health care. Great Lakes Caring dedicates its resources to providing value-based, high quality care wherever our patients call home. Great Lakes Caring’s primary focus is to provide superior quality health care to those we are honored to serve, utilizing state-of-the-art technology and innovative processes which drive extraordinary patient outcomes. With locations across the country, Great Lakes Caring provides the right care, at the right time, in the right place. Great Lakes Caring is committed to being a great place to work for employees, and is the recipient of Fortune Magazine’s Best Workplaces in Healthcare and Best Workplaces for Millennials awards, in addition to being recognized as a National Best and Brightest Company to Work For.